The Department of Mathematics has an objective to develop mathematics in the context of important societal problems. In applications we focus on systems that are crucial to every-day life. We contribute to smart grids that make energy networks more efficient, mathematical models that assist medical doctors, schedules that make hospitals more efficient and numerical schemes to study multiscale fluid problems and wave progagation from nano to kilometer scales.
May 22nd and 23rd（面试时间）
- A starting salary from € 3.637 (scale 11) to € 6.738 (scale 14) gross per month, based on relevant work experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position in case of a positive evaluation after two years.
- A tailored made starting package.
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO).
- You hold a PhD in Mathematics.
- You have an existing track record in research in one of the relevant areas, shown by publications in high rank journals or otherwise strong evidence of high research potential.
- You have good communication skills and are an inspiring teacher.
- You have obtained (an equivalent of) the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or are willing to do so.
- You have an excellent command of the English Language.
- In your application please include the following:
- Your curriculum vitae, and conctact information of 2 references.
- A list of publications.
- Your research and teaching statement.
- You are welcome to contact prof.dr. S.A. van Gils for any questions you might have.
- Interviews will be planned on May 22nd and 23rd
We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher (PDRA) within the School of Mathematics to lead to fuse high quality research and consultancy to fuel enterprise and create Impact. This will be achieved by the PDRA extending and improving HiGHS, and responding to requests to use it. The research goal is to develop novel high-performance computing techniques based on HiGHS to allow exploration of the efficient frontier in genetic management and improvement of animal populations, notably a Europe-wide study of breeding cattle genetics. This will be carried out in collaboration with Gregor Gorjanc of the Roslin Institute. The solution of the linear optimization problems will require novel numerical linear algebra techniques that exploit the properties of the underlying commercial breeders' genomic data sets, whose scale will dictate the use of multicore computing resources.
- A 3-year contract at Grade 7 of the academic scale (£32,548 - £38,833).
- An annual research allowance of £6000.
- An annual travel allowance of £2,500.
- A relocation support, in line with the University procedures for employees of grade 8 and higher.
- Be supported by coaching, professional career counselling and other training measures.
- HiGHS is a suite of high-performance continuous linear optimization software developed under the leadership of the PI in the School of Mathematics.
- It has recently become available under the MIT license as part of COIN-OR, the leading open-source repository of Operational Research software, thus positioning it to become the world's open-source linear optimization solver of choice for large-scale applications.
- Applicants must have a PhD in computational optimization, with significant experience of implementing large-scale linear optimization algorithms, excellent skills in C++ and the ability to work using software engineering tools such as GitHub and cmake.
- Applicants may be of any nationality.
- Applicants must have spent a maximum of 12 of the last 36 months living in the UK. [No residence in the UK is required!].
- Applicants must either have a PhD or 4 years of research experience.
Recruitment is led by the PI, Julian Hall, to whom expressions of interest should be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
关注公众号回复 招聘原文 ，获取两则招聘信息
- 面试咨询， 模拟面试
- 面试咨询， 模拟面试