微硕士（MicroMasters）项目是由麻省理工学院发起的一项提供研究生水平课程的新型认证项目，该项目依托全球最大的非营利性网络教育平台edX提供在线学习服务。通过结业考试的学习者可以获得MIT的微硕士认证, 并可凭该认证进一步申请MIT或其他顶尖大学的线下硕士项目。传送门在这里Statistics and Data Science MicroMasters
About the Program
Demand for professionals skilled in data, analytics, and machine learning is exploding. A recent report by IBM and Burning Glass states that there will be 364K new job openings in data-driven professions by 2020 in the US. Data scientists bring value to organizations across industries because they are able to solve complex challenges with data and drive important decision-making processes. 39% of the most rigorous data science positions require a degree higher than a bachelor's.
This MicroMasters® program in Statistics and Data Science is comprised of four online courses and a virtually proctored exam that will provide you with the foundational knowledge essential to understanding the methods and tools used in data science, and hands-on training in data analysis and machine learning. You will dive into the fundamentals of probability and statistics, as well as learn, implement, and experiment with data analysis techniques and machine learning algorithms. This program will prepare you to become an informed and effective practitioner of data science who adds value to an organization. The credential can be applied, for admitted students, towards a PhD in Social and Engineering Systems (SES) through the MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS) or may accelerate your path towards a Master’s degree at other universities around the world.
Anyone can enroll in this MicroMasters program. It is designed for learners who want to acquire sophisticated and rigorous training in data science without leaving their day job but without compromising quality. There is no application process, but college-level calculus and comfort with mathematical reasoning and Python programming are highly recommended if you want to excel.
All the courses are taught by MIT faculty at a similar pace and level of rigor as an on-campus course at MIT. This program brings MIT’s rigorous, high-quality curricula and hands-on learning approach to learners around the world—at scale.
What You'll Learn
- Master the foundations of data science, statistics, and machine learning
- Analyze big data and make data-driven predictions through probabilistic modeling and statistical inference; identify and deploy appropriate modeling and methodologies in order to extract meaningful information for decision making
- Develop and build machine learning algorithms to extract meaningful information from seemingly unstructured data; learn popular unsupervised learning methods, including clustering methodologies and supervised methods such as deep neural networks
- Master techniques in modern data analysis to leverage big datasets; use python and R skillfully to analyze data
- A recent report by IBM and Burning Glass states that there will be 364K new job openings in data-driven professions by 2020 in the US
- Out of those jobs, the toughest to fill are the Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics positions
- 39% of these positions require a degree higher than a bachelor’s
- By completing this MicroMasters program you will be able to solve complex challenges with data and drive decision-making processes for organizations
- Finishing this MicroMasters program will prepare you for job titles such as: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Systems Analyst, Data Engineer
1.Probability - The Science of Uncertainty and Data
Description: Build foundational knowledge of data science with this introduction to probabilistic models, including random processes and the basic elements of statistical inference.
Starts May 20, 2019 - Enrollment Open
详情请参考：Probability - The Science of Uncertainty and Data
2.Data Analysis in Social Science—Assessing Your Knowledge
Description: Learn the methods for harnessing and analyzing data to answer questions of cultural, social, economic, and policy interest, and then assess that knowledge.
Starts Nov 1, 2019
详情请参考：Data Analysis in Social Science—Assessing Your Knowledge
3.Fundamentals of Statistics
Description: Develop a deep understanding of the principles that underpin statistical inference: estimation, hypothesis testing, and prediction.
Starts Sep 2, 2019
4.Machine Learning with Python: from Linear Models to Deep Learning
Description: An in-depth introduction to the field of machine learning, from linear models to deep learning and reinforcement learning, through hands-on Python projects.
Starts Jun 11, 2019 - Enrollment Open
5.Capstone Exam in Statistics and Data Science
Description: Solidify and demonstrate your knowledge and abilities in probability, data analysis, statistics, and machine learning in this culminating assessment.
Coming Fall 2019
Sign Up OnlineStatistics and Data Science MicroMasters
MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society